OUR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Skate Winnipeg is a not-for-profit, volunteer run organization. Family participation is required for the effective and successful operation of Skate Winnipeg.
The volunteer commitment is:
- 10 hours per skater Star 6-Gold/Competitive;
- 6 hours per skater Star 1-5 ;
- 14 hours for families with more than one skater.
- ALL Skate Winnipeg members are required to volunteer at Super Skate Competition.
Please note: This commitment must be completed within the Skate Canada skating season which runs from September 1st to August 31st. A volunteer fee will be invoiced to your account if all requirements are not met within the season.
- 2020-21 season: $250
Families of CANSkate program participants are always welcome and encouraged to volunteer, but it is not a requirement. However, when you sign your child up to participate in a CANSkate event at a Skate Winnipeg hosted competition we will ask you to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours so that we may deliver a successful experience for your child.
Please use the Volunteer Log Sheet to record and submit your volunteer hours to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Opportunities include but not limited to:
- Competitions: There are many volunteer opportunities at competitions including registration, admissions, announcing, officials & coach hospitality, set up and take down, ice captains, first aid, sponsorship, runners, videography, medals, signage, and competition programs.
- Manitoba Summer Open: Held in July
- Super Skate: Held in November
- Regionals: Held in January/February
- Annual AGM & Dinner: Held in April each year. Includes coordination of awards, booking venue, arranging dinner and skater activity.
- Music Player: Managing the music at designated skating sessions
- Assessment Days: Collecting fees, paperwork, and official hospitality
- Club Clothing: Coordination of club apparel orders and distribution to skaters
- Skate Winnipeg Board Member: Nominations required in March if interested in becoming a member.
- Skate Winnipeg Competition Committee Member: duties as assigned
- Webmaster/Social Media Coordinator
- COVID-19 Requirements: participant screening, surface cleaning, and miscellaneous duties as required
Go to the Volunteer SignUp link immediately below (or click on Registration in the menu bar above), then click on the red “Add Volunteer Position” button and LOGIN to sign-up for volunteer positions to meet your volunteer commitment and help your skating club.
Thank you to all our volunteers!